For clients who are using the COR or ARC integrated CradlePoint Verizon LTE routers that whose part number ends in –LE, AND have enabled GPS functionality, a critical radio firmware update should be applied (22.214.171.124). Note, -LPE part number do not require this update. Only –LE products require this update.
What is it?
Cradlepoint has posted new firmware for LE-VZ embedded/integrated modems that addresses potential modem memory corruption. Please note that modem firmware is separate from router firmware.
Are my devices affected?
If you are running a router with an LE-VZ modem, and GPS functionality is enabled, please follow the mitigation steps below. Note – default GPS setting is “not enabled” (except PWD version)
List of LE-VZ products that could be affected:
- Cradlepoint AER2100LE-VZF (MC300LE-VZ)
- Cradlepoint MBR1400LE-VZ
- Cradlepoint CBA750B-LE-VZ (MC200LE-VZ)
- Cradlepoint IBR600LE-VZ,Cradlepoint IBR650LE-VZ
- Cradlepoint IBR600LE-VZ-PWD (GPS is enabled as default setting)
- LE-VZ modems where GPS is not enabled
- Products with any other modem (including all products with “LPE” modems)
Mitigation Steps: what actions do I take?
If you have an LE-VZ modem with GPS enabled, you must upgrade the modem firmware to version 126.96.36.199
Cradlepoint recommends all users of LE-VZ modems utilize this upgrade.
Upgrading Modem Firmware
At Cradlepoint, protecting your network is our first priority. As part of Cradlepoint’s new firmware policy, customers always have the ability to implement bug fixes and patches by accessing firmware updates and upgrades.
To upgrade your modem firmware:
- If you are utilizing Enterprise Cloud Manager, upgrading firmware is easy. Click Here
- For instructions on upgrading firmware using the Automatic Update capability in the router user interface, click here
- If you want to download new firmware and manually update using the router user interface, click here
For more information contact USAT: