Sierra Wireless is pleased to announce two General Availability releases for the ALEOS and MGOS platforms. Below is specific information to each model:
ALEOS 4.11.2 for the MP70 and RV50/RV50X:
This release launches the eagerly awaited Verizon support for the MP70 LTE-A Pro with Verizon certification!
- LTE Band 14 support is offered in the new MP70 LTE-A Pro variant
- MP70 (LTE-A) with ALEOS 4.11.2 installed is now certified on FirstNet; this supports the FirstNet SIM, Priority and Preemption, but does not include LTE Band 14.
- All the backend integration with Verizon is complete, every MP70 LTE-A Pro shipped can now be provisioned onto Verizon after following specific instructions to install the new Verizon radio firmware. https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/application_notes_and_code_samples/app_note_mp70-lte-a-pro_vzw_fw_installation/
Note: You must use AceManager to add the Verizon radio firmware to the MP70 LTE-A Pro in addition to the regular firmware update process.
- For more information, please review the release notes available on the Source: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_reference_docs/release-notes/aleos-4,-d-,11,-d-,2-release-notes/
MGOS 4.2.2 for the MG90:
- This release launches the eagerly awaited Verizon support for the MG90 LTE-A Pro with Verizon certification!
- All the backend integration with Verizon is complete, every MG90 LTE-A Pro shipped can now be provisioned onto Verizon after the new firmware is installed, instructions are here: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/application_notes_and_code_samples/app_note_mg90-lte-a-pro_mgos_422_vzw_fw/
- Devices upgrading via the AMM may need a transition release prior to upgrading to the latest firmware, instructions are here:https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_reference_docs/technical-bulletin/sierra-wireless-product-bulletin—upgrading-to-mgos-4,-d-,2-or-later/
- For more information, please review the release notes available on the Source:https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_reference_docs/release-notes/mg-release-notes/
Questions / More Information Contact USAT: