Sierra Wireless announced the General Availability (GA) of ALEOS 4.8.0 for the GX450, ES450, RV50, RV50X and MP70. This release brings an exciting range of new networking and Wi-Fi capabilities to AirLink® routers including:
- Policy Routing – Flexible routing solution for multi-WAN environments (e.g., ensure high-bandwidth traffic only travels over low-cost links)
- Ethernet WAN with Priority Failover – Provides Wi-Fi offload or failover to satellite modems in mobile deployments, and cellular backup for fixed deployments.
- QoS tagging for Verizon PNTM – Enables prioritization of mission critical traffic over the Verizon network.
- IPv6 gateway – Supports fixed mobile deployments requiring IPv6
- Multiple SSIDs – Enables provision of public Wi-Fi in parallel with private Wi-Fi networks (e.g. for passenger Wi-Fi in public transit fleets)
- Managed Wi-Fi – Provides state-of-the-art public/passenger Wi-Fi capabilities
This software release also includes cumulative fixes for a range of security and field-reported issues. Sierra Wireless recommends upgrading all applicable routers to ALEOS 4.8.0 in order to take advantage of these changes. For more detailed information please see the release notes: http://usatcorp.com/pdf/41110677_ALEOS 4.8.0 Release Notes_r1.pdf
To Learn More Contact USAT: