ALEOS 4.9.0 firmware is currently available for the AirLink MP70, MP70E, RV50, RV50X, GX450 and ES450 gateways. For complete detailed upgrade instructions, refer to the ALEOS 4.9.0 Software Configuration User Guide (from the source) matching your individual device. Please use the steps below as a quick start guide to updating your firmware:
- Log into the modem.
- The default internal interface is https://192.168.13.31:9443
- If you are remote, connecting through the cellular network, go to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9443 where the x’s are replaced by the static IP of the modem.
- Username: user
- Password: your specific password
- From the Status tab, verify the current ALEOS Software Version.
- If the current version is 4.3.4 or newer, update directly to the newest version.
- If the current version is 4.3.3 or earlier, you will need to update to 4.3.4 first, then repeat these steps to update to the newest version.
- Locate and download the appropriate firmware(s) from the Sierra Wireless website, https://www.sierrawireless.com/sitecore/content/developer-zone/.
- You will need to create a free account to download the firmware.
- Once the file is downloaded, extract the contents of the zip folder.
- Click the Software and Firmware button.
- On the Software and Firmware window that opened, click the Choose File or Browse button and locate the ALEOS_Software file that you downloaded and extracted.
- The other file that was downloaded is normally not needed, but if prompted to update the radio module firmware, that is the file you would select.
- Click the Update button.
- The ALEOS update runs automatically.
- The modem will automatically reboot when the update is complete, the reboot will take a few minutes to complete and for the modem to come back online.
- Once the modem is back online, log in again and verify that the device is now on the newest firmware.
This release has many important enhancements and security features, please review the release notes available here: View the Full Release Notes Here
Questions / More Information Contact USAT: