ALEOS 4.4.8 is the latest firmware for the AirLink GX440/400, ES440, and LS300 gateways, it was first announced in August of 2018. Please note that this release addresses the GPS 2019 Rollover event. Sierra Wireless recommends that you upgrade your gateways to version 4.4.8 before April 2019.
Instructions for Applying Firmware Update
Please use the steps below as a quick start guide to updating your firmware:
- Log into the modem.
- The default internal interface is https://192.168.13.31:9443
- If you are remote, connecting through the cellular network, go to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9443 where the x’s are replaced by the static IP of the modem.
- Username: user
- Password: your specific password
- Locate and download the appropriate firmware(s) from the Sierra Wireless website: https://source.sierrawireless.com.
- Click the Software and Firmware button.
- On the Software and Firmware window that opened, click the Choose File or Browse button and locate the ALEOS_Software file that you downloaded.
- Click the Update button.
- The ALEOS update runs automatically.
- The modem will automatically reboot when the update is complete, the reboot will take a few minutes to complete and for the modem to come back online.
- Once the modem is back online, log in again and verify that the device is now on the newest firmware.
- After you updated your firmware it is advised that you save a new master template of your configuration.
Questions / More Information Contact USAT: