USAT is always looking for professional and highly motivated people. Even if a job opening below isn't currently available, please feel free to send us your resume anyway. If you feel you'd be a great fit for our growing organization, we'd love to know why.
Career Opportunities with USAT
Role: WWAN / IoT Sales EngineerLocation: Chapel Hill, NC
Do you excel at team-selling and giving the pre-sales technical pitch to clients over the phone, in a webinar or (in non-pandemic times) in a boardroom environment? Can you interpret wireless network topology diagrams in your sleep? Do you thrive in an intelligent, non-corporate, dynamic, demanding work environment? Do you want to work with clients in a consultative fashion to build solutions that solve problems and improve systems through device interconnectivity?
USAT LLC, a division of Mobile Communications America, Inc., is seeking a sharp, energetic and engaging Sales Engineer to develop and present world class solutions alongside our seasoned sales team. Our teams use the latest technologies to provide end-to-end wireless data communications for managing mobile and fixed corporate assets. This candidate will support an outside sales team who are filling an exciting sales funnel in wireless data communications, Wireless Wide Area Networking (WWAN), and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Our diverse projects use the common thread of WWAN to improve processes and productivity through connectivity. Projects involve communications with gas pipeline SCADA systems, solar farm remote monitoring, highway alert signs, Smart Grid modernization, and water quality management, to name a few. We are involved in a broad array of field wireless deployments across the USA that will challenge your technical acumen, keep you abreast of the latest technologies, and let you create new and complex wireless solutions with some of the nation’s largest and most forward looking companies.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will provide technical sales support to a team of knowledgeable consultative sales professionals. This requires being the resource with a deep and current technical understanding of core products, while joining sales calls, listening and refining client solutions, and specifying components of a solution.
The SE will understand client’s pre-sales challenges, help create global deployment templates for devices, and will provide escalated engineering support of WWAN solutions as they go through the deployment process.
Technical understanding of:
- Cellular Networks: Wireless WAN (LTE, HSPA+, CBRS, 5G, etc.) experience required.
- Antenna Theory: grasp of ground planes, gain, radiation patterns, diversity and MIMO.
- Cellular Modems and WAN CPEs (customer premises equipment): understanding of wireless data modems/ routers, SIMs, radio modules, and provisioning.
- IP Networking: deep understanding of networking, routing, port forwarding, public and private networks.
We are a diverse, energetic workplace that provides communications solutions to clients supporting critical infrastructure across North America. We are headquartered near I-40 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina near both Raleigh and Durham with excellent quality of life, superb schools and many nearby restaurants, arts, gyms, a beautiful new library, and walking trails. We have bright and nimble personnel, we have family supportive policies, and we use the latest in technology to enhance capabilities and improve work life. We offer a competitive salary, a success sharing program, 401K, and a benefits package including PTO, health insurance coverage, life, dental, disability and vision insurance.
Apply if you have a passion for the tech hardware, solution building, and the client-side of IoT communications.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Role: Inside Sales RepresentativeLocation: Chapel Hill, NC
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, outbound cold calls and emails.
- Conducting outbound customer activities such as; cold calling, and personalized follow-up emails to fully qualify a lead in order to create new sales opportunities.
- Presenting solutions via phone, web conference, in person presentations and face to face meetings.
- Engaging customers using selling skills to help them navigate and create their needs in the dynamic cellular solutions environment.
- Understanding customer needs and requirements, and match them to the appropriate product in our expanding portfolio.
- Completing and maintaining accurate sales forecasts, data gathering, and reports by daily use of CRM for all contacts, accounts, and opportunities.
Send Your Resume
Please forward your resume for one of the job openings above. Make sure to include information about your experience for the role. Also include other skills you think may be relevant this and other career opportunities at USAT.
USAT LLC is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for a Job
USAT Career Inquiries
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. If you'd like to inquire about job opportunities with us at USAT, please fill out this form. An expert member of our human resources team will reach out to you once available to discuss employment opportunities.
For Immediate Assistance:
Call Us Toll-Free: (888) 550-8728