GX450s and ES450s will not function correctly without updating to ALEOS 4.9.4. All GPS enabled GX450s must upgrade to this release prior to November 3rd to ensure continued proper operation.
- 2019 GPS Time Rollover: GPS time will roll back on November 3 2019, and all GPS enabled GX450s must upgrade to this release prior to November 3 to ensure proper operation after the rollover occurs.
- Note: Failing to upgrade to this release before the rollover can lead to issues with location reporting as well as systemic issues such as loss of connection with management systems and invalidation of certificates.
Instructions for Applying Firmware Update
We recommend all customers upgrade to this release in order to benefit from this fix and others (view the full release notes here). Please use the steps below as a quick start guide to updating your firmware:
- Log into the modem.
- The default internal interface is https://192.168.13.31:9443
- If you are remote, connecting through the cellular network, go to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9443 where the x’s are replaced by the static IP of the modem.
- Username: user
- Password: your specific password
- Locate and download the appropriate firmware(s) from the Sierra Wireless website: https://source.sierrawireless.com.
- Click the Software and Firmware button.
- On the Software and Firmware window that opened, click the Choose File or Browse button and locate the ALEOS_Software file that you downloaded.
- Click the Update button.
- The ALEOS update runs automatically.
- The modem will automatically reboot when the update is complete, the reboot will take a few minutes to complete and for the modem to come back online.
- Once the modem is back online, log in again and verify that the device is now on the newest firmware.
- After you updated your firmware it is advised that you save a new master template of your configuration.
Additionally, if you are using Verizon as your carrier there is a radio firmware update that we advise you apply as well, the radio modules are below the ALEOS Package.
Questions / More Information Contact USAT: