ECM gives you the flexibility to add Collaborator User(s); this provides access to your ECM account for an existing ECM user. These users can be added under the top-level ECM account or a sub-account which will limit access to devices appropriately.
Collaborator Users provide easy access to ECM accounts for Managed Service Providers (MSP) and other support personnel.
Adding a Collaborator User
Configuration Difficulty: Beginner
- Step 1: Log into the ECM account you wish to add a Collaborator user to.
- Step 2: Select Acounts & Users from the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Select the Account or Sub-account you wish to add the Collaborator user to, click Add, and then select Collaborator.
- Collaborator users are indicated with the icon.
- Step 5: Type in the Username for the existing ECM Username you wish to give access to.
- Step 6: Select the appropriate role to designate for the Collaborator user and click OK.
- Step 7: The Collaborator user will now receive a New Collaborator Request email saying they need to login to their ECM account to either Accept or Reject the request.
NOTE: This request is shown in the System Notifications window when logged into ECM.
- If the Collaborator Accepts the request they will then have the ability to switch to the Collaborator ECM account.
- If the Collaborator Rejects the request the Collaborator user will be removed from the ECM account immediately.
- Step 8: Once the Collaborator user is no longer needed they can be removed by selecting the Collaborator user and clickingDelete. The Collaborator user also has the ability to delete themselves as a Collaborator (see Switching Accounts below).
- Step 1: Log into your ECM Account.
- Step 2: Click the drop down arrow next to your Username, and select Switch Accounts
- Step 3: Select the Account you wish to switch to and click Switch
- Step 4: ECM will prompt you saying “Are you sure you want to change your view“. Click Yes
- Step 5: The webpage will refresh and your view will change to match the appropriate access level configured for theCollaborator User.
- Step 6: You can identify which account you’re viewing by looking at the Account: section next to the Username
- Step 7: To remove yourself as a Collaborator user open the Switch Accounts window, select the appropriate account, and clickDelete.