Frequently Asked Questions when migrating from CradlePoint WiPipe Central to Enterprise Cloud Manager
- Why should I migrate my CradlePoint routers to the Enterprise Cloud Manager platform?
- Do I have to migrate? And why?
- When can I migrate?
- How will the migration process work?
- How long will it take?
- How do I initiate the migration process?
- Can I migrate both my Series 2 and Series 3 products?
- When will I be able to migrate Series 2 devices?
- Can I continue to use WiPipe Central? How long will it be supported?
- Configuration changes, and firmware updates made in ECM are pushed to your devices immediately – near real-time connectivity
- More robust and scalable platform than WPC
- Open and robust API
- Discovery – Identify how many devices need migrated, which devices are supported, what firmware versions they are running, and what configurations are in use. If requested, CradlePoint will work with you to gather information about your existing devices and help develop your migration plan.
- Test – Pick a few test devices (ideally not in production), review the migration documentation, get familiar with the migration tools, and migrate a device with the desired configuration from WPC to ECM. Review the device(s) for any unexpected behavior. Make any adjustments to configurations or new ECM settings as needed.
- Pilot – Choose a small group of production devices to execute the process from testing. Migrate these devices and review for correct behavior.
- Roll-out – Now that the migration steps are well established, migrate the remaining devices. This is can be done in small or large device groups, depending on the customers requirements, or migration plan if one was established.
- Follow-up – Once all devices are migrated, contact the ECM Migration Coordinator (ECMmigration@cradlepoint.com) to convert the existing WPC licences over to ECM and close out the unnecessary WPC account, just be sure to download any desired historical data beforehand.
If there are questions at any point during migration, please contact the ECM Migration Coordinator (ECMmigration@cradlepoint.com) for assistance.
- Set up an ECM trial account with your CradlePoint Sales representative so you can see the new user interface and become familiar with the new capabilities, and how you will use them in your environment.
- Review the CradlePoint Knowledge Base article that details ECM migration requirements.
- Upgrade firmware to 4.4.0 (4.3.2 for CBR400/450). For devices on older firmware (before 4.1.0), a large jump in firmware can cause issues. Follow this guide to minimize losses to connectivity and configurations.