If you are unsure of CradlePoint Series or Model number, please click here.
This article was written based on firmware version 2.0.0
I would like to remotely access and configure a Series 2 CradlePoint router.
Ability to remotely access and administrate a CradlePoint router.
- Log into the routers administration page (login instructions).
- Click on the TOOLS tab.
- Locate the ADMINISTRATION section.
- Place a check in the box next to Enable Remote Admin Login.
- Record the Remote Port Number for future use.
- If you would like to use HTTPS, you can enable that check box now. NOTE: If enabling HTTPS allow 30 minutes before accessing the router.
- Click Save Settings at the top of the page.
- Click Reboot Now then OK when the confirmation dialog appears.
- The CradlePoint router will reboot.
- After the router reboot is complete connect to your CradlePoint for remote web administration.
NOTE: To access the the router from the internet the IP address must be known. A DynDNS account or static IP address issued by your cellular carrier or ISP will maintain knowledge of the routers address.
To access the router from the Internet on a computer not on the CradlePoint router’s LAN, enter the [IP address]:[port number] or [DynDNS]:[port number] into a web browser address bar. For example: