If you are unsure of your CradlePoint Series or Model number, please click this link.
This article was written based on firmware version 2.0.0
To establish an Access Point Name (APN) on your Series 2 CradlePoint router, please follow the steps below:
Note: You will need obtain the correct APN to use with your cellular carrier and modem prior to starting these steps. Please contact your cellular carrier to obtain the correct APN.
Access Point Name (APN) setup Procedure:
- Log into your router admin pages from an Internet Browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome). If you are unsure how, please click here.
- Go to the Modem tab along the top.
- Then click Settings along the left side.
- Find the box titled Modem Specific Settings.
- Change the Modem Interface drop-down box to the port your modem is plugged into.
- Find the Section labeled Access Point Name (APN). If there is a blank box next to it, enter the APN provided by your cellular carrier into the box.
- If there is not an entry box, click Manual Entry.
- In the box that appears below Manual Entry input the APN provided by your cellular carrier.
- Then go back to the top of the page, click Save Settings and then Reboot Now.
- You may need to unplug and then replug your modem from the power source after the reboot.
- After the CradlePoint reboots, you should be able to access the Internet from a connected device.