If you are unsure of CradlePoint Series or Model number, please click here.
This article was written based on firmware version 5.0.0.
In some cases, it is necessary to log into the router’s administrative console to make configuration changes or to troubleshoot. This article describes how to do this.
- Connect your computer to the CradlePoint router with an ethernet cable or wirelessly. Please reference this article for further instructions.
- Ensure that your computer is connecting only to the CradlePoint router by disconnecting all other wired and wireless network connections. This includes disconnecting the aircard or modem from your computer.
- Open a web browser, such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer, type http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press enter/return on your keyboard. This site is hosted locally on your CradlePoint router, so you do not need internet access to view this page.
- Note: Some browsers include both an address bar and a search bar. Make sure you are typing into the main address bar.
- Note: If you suspect the router’s address may have been changed, try typing http://cp/ instead.
- You should see a page with the CradlePoint logo prompting you to enter the administrative password. Reference the following articles if you are not sure what your password is: Instructions for Series 2 Routers and Instructions for Series 3 Routers
- Note When Using Internet Explorer: If you see the CradlePoint logo, but don’t have the option to enter the password, you may need to Enable Compatibility View Mode. If you are still having difficulty logging in to the router, disable any extra add-ons by going to Tools -> Manage Add-Ons. You might consider using a different web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari to access the administration pages.
- After you have entered your admin password, you will be logged into the administration console of your CradlePoint router and will be able to change the router’s settings.