If you are unsure what model or series router you have click here.
This article was written based on the 5.0.0 series 3 firmware version. If you have a Series 2 product, please refer to this article.
In some cases, a router needs to have a specific firmware version installed in order to recognize and correctly use a modem. This article describes different ways of checking the router and modem firmware versions on a Series 3 CradlePoint router.
- Checking ROUTER Firmware – Method 1 and Method 2
- Checking MODEM Firmware – Method 1 and Method 2
- Additional Resources
If you are not sure how to access the administrative console of your CradlePoint router, click here.
- If you are not automatically redirected to your router’s Dashboard page upon logging in, click on the Status tab, and select Dashboardfrom the drop-down menu.
- The router’s firmware version is displayed under the Router Information section.
- Click on the System Settings tab, and select System Software from the dropdown.
- The router’s firmware version is listed as the Current Firmware Version, within the Firmware Upgrade box.
- Click on the Status tab, and select Internet Connections from the dropdown.
- Select your modem in the Device List.
- The modem firmware version will be listed in the Device Information below.
- Click on the Internet tab, and select Connection Manager from the dropdown.
- Select your modem in the WAN Interfaces list, and click Control.
- Click on the Firmware button in the Update/Activate Device window.
- The firmware version will be displayed as the Current Version within the Firmware Upgrade box.
- Checking Firmware in a Series 2 Router
- Updating Series 3 Router Firmware
- Updating Modem Firmware on a Series 3 Router
- Identifying Firmware Version on a Shipped Router