If you are unsure of your CradlePoint Series or Model number, please click here.This article was written based on firmware version 5.0.0.Device Alerts:This article describes the configuration for Device Alerts and Email notification in Series 3 CradlePoint Routers. Device Alerts allow you to get automatic notifications through an SMTP email server of selected system events. Since the router does not have its own SMTP server, you must enable an SMTP email server, such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc., to be able to receive Device Alerts. Enabling Device Alerts:1. Login to the router’s setup page (login instructions).2. Click on the System Settings tab then select Device Alerts from the sub-menu.3. In the Alert Configuration section select which alerts will be reported, the frequency and the time for the email notifications. Below is a synopsis of the available alert options.
- Firmware Upgrade Available: Notification of a new firmware release for this router.
- WAN Device Status Change: An attached WAN device has changed status. The possible statuses are plugged, unplugged, connected, and disconnected.
- Login Failure: A failed login attempt has been detected.
- Full System Log: The system log has filled.
- Recurring System Log: The router log is sent periodically. This alert contains all of the system events since the last recurring alert. It can be scheduled for daily, weekly and monthly reports. You also choose the time you want the Alert sent.
4. In the SMTP Mail Server section enter the SMTP settings for your email account. Each SMTP server will have different specifications for setup, so you have to look up your specific settings separately. Contact your Email provider for more information. Below is a brief synopsis of each field.
- Server Address: The SMTP server URL.
- Server Port: The SMTP port used by the email Server.
- Authentication Required: Check this box if you are required to provide login credentials to sign into your email. This is typically required.
- User Name: Your full email address.
- Password: Your email password.
- From Address: Your email address, the sender email for the Device Alerts.
- To Address: Your email address, the receiver email for the Device Alerts.
- **NOTE: Please utilize all lower case letters when inputting To and From email addresses.**
5. In the Advanced Delivery Options settings area select any of the following options.
- Email Subject Prefix: Optional alert email subject prefix. This option is helpful to identify alerts from specific routers.
- Retry Attempts: The number of attempts made to send the alert to the mail server. After the attempts are exhausted, the alert is discarded.
- Retry Delay: The delay between each retry attempt.
6. Apply your new settings.