If you are unsure of CradlePoint Series or Model number, please click here.
This article was written based on firmware version 5.0.0.
What is PPPoE? Click here to find out.
A DSL/cable/satellite modem with PPPoE authentication required by the ISP will not connect to a CradlePoint router.
If DSL/cable/satellite modem uses PPPoE authentication is required by an ISP the PPPoE information needs to be configured in the CradlePoint before a successful connection can be established. The correct username and password must be obtained from the ISP.
- Obtain PPPoE authentication information from the DSL/cable/satellite provider. Click here for a list of common DSL providers that require PPPoE.
- Log into the router’s setup page (login instructions).
- Click the Internet tab then click Connection Manager.
- In the WAN Interfaces section click the device named Ethernet: Blue then click Edit.
- Click Edit
In the WAN Configuration box that displays click the Ethernet Settings tab.
- Change the Connect Method to PPPoE.
- Fill in the Username and Password field with your PPPoE credentials and the Auth Type (Also provided by the ISP).
- Click Submit.
- Connect your PPPoE modem to the Blue WAN port on the Cradlepoint router.
- Allow up to 2 minutes for the connection to establish.