If you are unsure of CradlePoint Series or Model number, please click here.
This article was written based on firmware version 5.0.0.
Configure remote access on a Series 3 CradlePoint router.
Ability to remotely access and administrate a CradlePoint router..
- Log into the routers administration page (login instructions).
- Click the System Settings tab.
- Click Administration.
- Click on the Remote Management tab.
- Check the Allow Remote Web Administration box.
- Record the HTTP Port number for future use.
- If you would like to use HTTPS, you can enable that check box now. NOTE: If enabling HTTPS allow 30 minutes before accessing the router.
- Click Apply then click OK on the warning dialog and OK again for the settings applied dialog.
- Configuration is complete, connect to your CradlePoint for remote web administration.
NOTE: To access the the router from the internet the IP address must be known. A DynDNS account or static IP address issued by your cellular carrier or ISP will maintain knowledge of the routers address.
To access the router from the Internet on a computer not on the CradlePoint router’s LAN, enter the [IP address]:[port number] or [DynDNS]:[port number] into a web browser address bar. For example: