If you are unsure of CradlePoint Series or Model number, please click here.This article was written based on firmware version 5.0.0.
Series 3 CradlePoint products with Wireless (WiFI) capability can connect to an available wireless network to use as an Internet (WAN) connection.
*NOTE* The AER 2100 will allow a WiFi as WAN connection on both the 2.4 and 5.0 frequencies; However, you can only use one as an active connection, the other will remain available until the primary WiFi as WAN connection drops.
Newer CradlePoint firmware revisions include changes that allow connection to more types of wireless access points. It may be necessary to upgrade the firmware to a newer firmware version How to upgrade my firmware.
- Log into the CradlePoint’s administrative console, the default location is http://192.168.0.1. Click here if you are unsure of how to access the administration pages.
- Verify Advanced Mode and not Basic Mode (CTR35 and MBR95 only).
- Click the Internet tab then select Wi-Fi-as-WAN.
- Next to Wi-Fi Client Mode click the Wi-Fi-as-WAN button (Dark gray means that Wi-Fi as WAN is enabled).
- Available wireless networks will begin to appear in the Site Survey section. It may take a moment for all nearby networks to appear.
- Select the desired Wi-Fi network then click Import.
- Enter the wireless network credentials in the window that displays.
- Click Submit to save settings.
Once saved, this wireless network will be available as a WAN Interface under the Internet > Connection Manager menu. The failover priority for this Wi-Fi as WAN connection may be changed. The higher the position on the list the higher the failover priority.
Please visit the following link if you experience issues with WiFi as WAN. WiFi as WAN troubleshooting.