If you are unsure of CradlePoint Series or Model number, please click here.
This article was written based on firmware version 5.0.0.
Cricket EC1705 modem will not connect to the internet on your CradlePoint Series 3 router.
- Check that your modem has been activated and is working properly by plugging the modem directly into your computer and accessing the Internet. If you can access a non-cached web page your modem is activated and works.
- Connect the EC1705 to the USB port on the CradlePoint router.
- Establish a connection between your computer and router via Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Login to the router Administration pages at http://192.168.0.1
- Click the Internet tab, and then click Connection Manager
- Select your modem from the WAN Interfaces list, then click Edit.
- Click on the Modem Settings tab and enter the following:
- PPP Authentication Protocol: Auto
- PPP Username: your 10 digit phone email@example.com
- PPP Password: cricket
- Click Submit.
Allow up to 3 minutes for the modem connection to establish.