This article explains the steps needed to get your Cable Modem connected to your CTR35 or CBR400 router.
This article was written based on 3.6.3 and 4.3.2 firmware versions.
This article describes how to configure a CTR35 or CBR400 router models to connect to a Cable, DSL or Satellite modem.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- Connect to your router wirelessly. Reference this article for additional guidance: Connecting to a CradlePoint Router
- Log into your router’s administrative interface. If you are not sure how to do this, click here.
- Verify your router’s firmware version, and update to the latest if necessary.
CONFIGURING THE ROUTER:
- Click on the Network Settings tab and select WiFi/Local Networks from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Local Network Interfaces section and click on the Ethernet Port Configuration tab.
- In the drop-down next to your Ethernet port, change the mode to Internet (WAN). NOTE: if you are currently connected to your router with a cable, you will lose access to the router, and it will have to be reset.
- Change your router’s IP address to 192.168.50.1. Reference this article for detailed instructions.
CONNECTING THE MODEM:
- If you already have your cable modem plugged into your router, unplug it.
- Power off both the CradlePoint router and the modem. If the modem doesn’t have an on/off switch, just pull out the power cord.
- While both devices are turned off, connect them with an Ethernet cable.
- Wait 30 seconds and power on just the modem.
- Wait until the modem connects to your ISP’s network (usually 30-35 seconds), then power the CradlePoint router back on.
After the CradlePoint router goes through its startup sequence, it will connect to your modem, and all devices that are connected to the CradlePoint wirelessly should have Internet access.NOTE: To access your router’s administrative console again, use the IP address that was specified during step #4 of router’s set up (typically 192.168.50.1).
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO GET THROUGH TO THE INTERNET, PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING:
- Check your computer’s network settings:
- Open Internet Explorer, go to its Tools and Internet Options, click on the Connections tab, on the center of that screen make sure Never Dial a Connection is set. Now click on LAN settings and ensure that Automatically Detect Settings in UNCHECKED.
- Call your Internet Service Provider and tell them you need to reset your cable/DSL/Satellite modem. Your modem may have saved the information from the last connection you had, and you need to restore the cable modem to default settings.
- Clone your computer’s MAC address in the CradlePoint router. Instructions