If you are unsure of your CradlePoint series or Model number, please click here.This article was written based on firmware verison 5.0.0.Symptom:Unable to access a Series 3 CradlePoint router setup page due to default password failure.
- Using the default password outlined in the quick start guide example rather than the specific default password for this specific router.
- Password entry is error.
- The password has been changed and it is no longer the default password.
- The keyboard cap’s lock is enabled.
- You may have gone through an initial router set up and changed your password.
- Use the password 8 character password listed on the bottom of the CradlePoint router, which is also the last 8 characters of the MAC address.
- The default password will only contain lowercase letters a – f and digits from 0-9.
- The default password will never contain the letter “O” — only the number 0.
- If you cannot remember what you changed your password to, you can reset the CradlePoint back to the default, here is how.