If you are not sure what Series CradlePoint router you have, please click here.
This article was written based upon firmware version 5.0.0.
The Wireless Network Name is showing, and I don’t want it to be shown.
When this option is set to Visible, your wireless network name is broadcast to anyone within the range of your signal. If you’re not using encryption then they could connect to your network. When Invisible mode is enabled, you must enter the Wireless Network Name (SSID) on the client manually to connect to the network.
- Login to the router at http://192.168.0.1 Click here if you are unsure of how to access the setup pages.
- Go to Network Settings tab
- Select Wi-Fi Local Networks
- Go to the box labeled “Local Network Interfaces”
- Place a checkmark next to the network name that you want to hide
- Click the Edit button
- Place a checkmark in the box labeled Hidden on the menu that appears after clicking Edit
- Click Submit
- Your wireless network is now Hidden.