Series 3: How to configure MAC Address Filtering on a CradlePoint router
Note: On Series 3 routers, MAC Address Filtering only applies to devices connected via wireless (WiFi).
If you are unsure of CradlePoint Series or Model number, please click here.
This article was written based on firmware version 5.0.0.
- Restrict wireless devices access (allow specific wireless devices to connect to the routers Wi-Fi network).
Desire to enhance wireless (Wi-Fi) network security.
- Log into the routers administration page (login instructions).
- Click the Network Settings tab.
- Select MAC Filter from the drop-down menu.
- In the Filter Configuration section place a check mark next to Enable.
- Select Whitelist or Blacklist.
- WHITELIST: only allow those computers listed to connect to the network.
- BLACKLIST: Do not allow those devices listed to connect to the network.
- WHITELIST is demonstrated here. Setting up the BLACKLIST option is the same steps.
- Click the Add button.
- In the pop-up window, enter the MAC Address of the device you would like to create a rule for in the MAC Address box. [Always begin with the device you are using to configure the CradlePoint router]
- Click the Submit button.
- The address will now be populated in to the MAC Filter List.
- Repeat these steps for all devices that you would like to either ALLOW access to your network or DENY access to your network corresponding to the rule selected in step 5.