If you are unsure of your CradlePoint Series or Model number, please click here.
This article was written based on firmware version 5.0.0 and applies to the CBR400, CBR450, IBR600, IBR650 and MBR1400
This article describes how to enable Traffic Shaping/QoS on a capable Series 3 CradlePoint router. When Traffic Shaping/QoS is enabled, the router will prioritize the flow of Internet traffic according to your user-defined rules.
- Log into the router’s setup page (login instructions).
- Click on the Network Settings tab then select WiPipe QoS from the sub-menu.
- In the QoS settings section simply place a check in the Enable WiPipe QoS box, see illustration below.
- Define your desired QoS rules in the section below.
Notes on QoS:
- Setting the Upload Speed and Download Speed is required to control traffic flow accurately.
- It is recommended that you experiment with different values for your particular Internet connection to yield the best results.
Upload speed: The speed at which data can be transferred to your ISP.
Download speed: The speed at which data can be transferred to you from your ISP.