Final Announcement | GX450 Sunset DateLast Buy Date For GX450 Is On March 31st
The last buy date for the Sierra Wireless Airlink GX450, which is an LTE device with 3G fallback, is fast approaching at the end of this month on March 31st, 2020. The last ship date for the orders placed on or before March 31st can be scheduled to arrive at your site by June 30. If you are making your last buy as a part of upgrade initiative to move to a 4G LTE device from a CDMA (non-LTE) device, an incentive may be available to you.
Click the following link to see if your organization or agency qualifies for a special promotion for your “last buy” of GX450s that are replacing CDMA (non-LTE) devices in the field: https://www.sierrawireless.com/landing/2g-3g-sunset/
AFFECTED MODELS: GX450 (1102326--GX450 Base Model)
- LAST TIME BUY: 31-MAR-2020 The product cannot be ordered from Sierra Wireless after this date.
- LAST TIME SHIP: 30-JUN-2020 The last possible ship date that can be requested from Sierra Wireless
The Sierra Wireless AirLink RV55 is the replacement product to GX450 offering superior performance while at the same time using the same operating system and physical connectors, aiding migration from GX450 to RV55.
Various RV55 models include:
- 1104302 - Raven RV55 - LTE-A Pro - Dual WiFi
- 1104303 - Raven RV55 - LTE-A Pro
- 1104333 - RV55 Global LTE CATM1 /NB
The key technical differences of RV55 compared to GX450 are:
- RV55 is an LTE Advanced Pro product, offering up to 6x LTE downlink and 3x uplink speed. ·
- RV55 offers additional LTE bands and removes 2G EDGE & EVDO support.
- RV55 offers a Wi-Fi variant with Dual 2.4/5 GHz 802.11ac radios.
- RV55 offers dual serial interfaces, supported via an optional accessory Y-cable (Part#6001238).
- RV55 is a more compact device than the GX450.
If a replacement for a dual Ethernet GX450 is desired, the MP70 product line is the suggested replacement. Contact your USAT sales representative to learn about your GX450 replacement options.
Share this Post