The Verizon LTE network runs on the 700 MHz C Block spectrum. Verizon XLTE, which is the marketing name of the AWS spectrum, runs on the 1700/2100 MHz spectrum. Verizon Wireless is currently rolling out AWS nationwide as a new extension to their existing LTE network. This is an enhancement that allows VZW to scale their 4G network’s capacity. At this time, major cellular network device manufacturers have launched devices that support the AWS spectrum as well as the 700 spectrum:
- Novatel SA2100
- CradlePoint AER 2100 edge router
- CradlePoint ARC MBR1400-LPE-VZ
- CradlePoint ARC CBA750-LPE-VZ
- COMING SOON—A Sierra Wireless GX440 & ES440 that support AWS
- COMING SOON—Digi Transports that support AWS
Please note that devices will continue to indicate that they are on the 4G LTE network when they are running on AWS.